Today, our blog covers an interview of the talented Faahema Ahmad of Faahema Ahmed Photography. Without much ado, we present to you, her answers to the questions. The images you find in this blog post have been hand picked by Faahema herself and are one of her favourites. <3
1. Tell us your story?
Well, I had always had an eye and flair for the visual arts but my love for photography began when I joined Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture and started studying it in depth. It was then when I realized that this is exactly what I am meant to do!
2. Who are the photographers involved?
It was myself, Faahema Ahmad, who laid the foundation of the company as the principal photographer. I am now joined by my sister, Aamnah, who is a film-making student at IVS at the moment. Primarily, it’s the two of us with a very talented team of assistant photographers and editors.
3. What cities do you work in?
We are based in Karachi. But we love to travel and will go wherever work takes us
4. Where is home for you?
Home is anywhere my parents and pajamas are!
5. Did you go to school to study photography?
Yes absolutely. I am a graduate in visual communication, with an emphasis on Photography from the prestigious Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture.
6. How long have you been photographer?
I picked up the camera in 2008 and there has been no looking back since.
7. What would you describe as your photography style?
If I had to describe our style of work in one word, it would be “candid”. We love catching natural moments and the true essence of the events instead of dictating when to move, when to stop. We don’t like getting in the way of the flow of the event. I always say this to my clients – you won’t even notice we are there, until you see the pictures!
8. How many weddings do you cover in any given year?
Gone are the days when wedding season used to be from Nov to Feb. I find myself busy all year round now!
9. What type of cameras do you shoot with and why? What accessories to the camera do you love?
We are Nikon users and own multiple cameras. As far as the favorite accessory goes, I love all of them, but if I had to choose I would go with my collection of lenses.
10. If you had to choose one lens what would it be?
If I had to choose one lens, it has to be 70-200 VR II! Dream lens!
11. What are your most memorable moments with respect to the wedding photography experience?
Witnessing the expressions on the clients’ faces when they see the results, re-living those special moments is definitely the best part of my job.
12. What are your pet peeves during wedding blocking photography?
Kids and people with personal cameras and cell phones blocking the professionals’ way.
13. Any advice for to-be wed couples?
My advice to all the to-be wed couples is that make sure you have a certain comfort level with your photographer because if don’t, it will definitely show on your face in the pictures on the final day. So having some form of a relationship or chemistry with the photographer is essential for happy pictures of the happy couple.
14. Why should a to-be bride and groom choose your services?
We believe in capturing your special moments with love and care. We are a very easy-going and approachable team of talented people who will make you feel more comfortable and beautiful on the most important day of your lives! We strive to capture the true essence of your relationship instead of a posed, staged one.
15. What are the wedding photography packages/ bundles that you offer? (prices need not be divulged) (optional question)
We have something for everyone! We specialize in working around in the provided budget. We currently have a 20% off discount going on as well which is valid till Jan 2014.
16. What is the best way to contact you?
We are available on the following round the clock!
Phone : 0323 2983546
Email : email@example.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/F.AhmadPhotography